Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Spring!



I love Spring.

I love the flowers blooming, I love the freshness of a morning breeze, the cool nights spent gazing at the moon.  I love the sound of the birds singing outside my window and the happy chatter of children playing in the park.  I love the smell of freshly mowed grass and fresh fruit for breakfast in the morning.

Spring is a time of renewal, a time to push aside the heaviness of winter and to count the blessings that God has given me.  It’s a time of rest, peace and restoration.  In this fast-paced life that consumes us, it’s good to sometimes, quite literally, stop and smell the roses...or in my case, the cactus blossoms!

It’s also the perfect time to give praise to the One who created it.

If you’re like me life can become pretty hectic, rushed and full of well, just every-day-run-of-the-mill busyness.  Life can overwhelm us, so much so that sometimes we forget to simply tell God thank you.

So this Spring, let’s take a moment out of our busy lives to just give God some of the love that He so richly pours out on us. 

The Bible says in Psalm 95:1-11

“Come, let’s shout praises to God, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us!  Let’s march into his presence singing praises, lifting the rafters with our hymns!

And why?  Because God is the best, High King over all the gods.  In one hand he holds deep caves and caverns, in the other hand grasps the high mountains. He made Ocean—he owns it!  His hands sculpted Earth!

So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us!  Oh yes, he’s our God, and we’re the people he pastures, the flock he feeds.”  (The Message MSG)



Blessings! - Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment