Sunday, September 2, 2018

Trusting Jesus Enough to Find the Strength to Live My Life



Am I ‘strong in the Lord’? I want to be, but to be honest, at this moment; I don’t feel like I am. I guess it depends on the definition of the word “strong”. 

Am I strong in my Faith? Do I trust Jesus that everything is going to be alright? Am I leaning on Him instead of the problems that surround me? Or do I rely on what the world says should be my strength…to just believe in myself, trust my feelings, that I don’t need anyone else but my own wisdom and guidance?

I would have to say that on my own, no, I am not. I keep getting tangled up in the details of my life, trying to maintain a balance that can never be balanced, placing one thing after another on top of the pile, all the while ignoring the signs. Eventually my life is going to topple over, and my strength will never be enough to keep it from happening.

Can anyone relate?

Here’s the thing, though, I don’t have to do this life alone. I can let go and let God take over. His strength is all I need. If Jesus is truly the foundation of my life then it’s just a simple matter of trust.

I wasn’t built to handle life on my own.

Do I trust Jesus enough to let Him take control? Do I trust Jesus enough to place all my worries, doubts and fears at His feet and leave them there? Do I trust Jesus enough with my past, present and future?

I mean, Jesus died for me, if I can’t trust Him, then who can I trust?




No comments:

Post a Comment