Sunday, October 23, 2016

Do You Lack Direction? Why Waiting is Always the Best Option.


I feel like God is tugging on me. I’m at a crossroads of sorts, no clear path in any direction for me to follow. I’m like an arrow spinning on its axis, searching for the next step in my life but the map is blank, shrouded in possibilities too far away to see.

And so I stand. 

I stand and wait.

And that’s okay, because sometimes standing and waiting is a part of God’s plan.

The world doesn’t always agree with me. The world tells me to hurry, life is passing by so grab all that you can before it’s too late. The world tells me standing still is folly, that I will become nothing more than a speed bump in life, something to get trampled on or a hindrance to someone else’s path.

But the world doesn’t know, or understand, what I know.

Sometimes waiting is the best plan when you’re faced with the unknown. Sometimes moving too fast in one direction causes you to miss the little detours in life that are crucial to a life dedicated to following God’s will. Sometimes moving too fast causes you to miss God all together…the blessings, the joy, a life filled with purpose…sometimes these are only found when we stop, and wait for God’s direction.

The Bible says in Proverbs 3:5-6..."Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge. With every step you take, think about what he wants, and he will help you go the right way". (erv)

I wait because I know…I KNOW…that God’s plans for me are good, far better than anything the world has to offer. It’s tempting, I know, to take that golden fruit of promise the world holds out, but in the end, taking that first step without God’s approval will ultimately lead me in a direction God never intended me to follow.

So while the world is rushing by I am waiting…waiting for God to lead me.

And that is more than okay. 

It is everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment