Thursday, November 3, 2016

30 Bible Verses to Get Your Thanksgiving Mojo Back...


It’s the beginning of November, and the prelude to one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. However, unless you live under a rock, it’s getting tough to be thankful in a world crammed full of negativity. But it doesn’t have to be that way!

Thankfulness is more than a one-day-a-year-holiday. It’s more than sending ‘good thoughts’ and ‘happiness vibes’. Being thankful is a choice. It’s opting out of the negativity and refocusing our thoughts on the good things in life, the things that we hold most dear…God, family and friends.

But if you’ve been feeling a lack of thanksgiving in your life, don’t despair! It’s easy to get it back. To help you out here is my list of “30 Bible Verses to Get Your Thanksgiving Mojo Back…”


1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
2 Chronicles 5:13
The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang, “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the LORD was filled with the cloud,”
Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.
Psalm 9:1
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 30:11-12
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me in gladness, to the end that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
Psalm 34:1
I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.
Psalm 95:2-3
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.
Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 106:1
Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 107:8-9
Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.”
Jeremiah 30:19
From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained.
Luke 17:15-16
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.
Romans 6:17
But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.
1 Corinthians 1:4-5
I always thank my God for you because of his grace given in you by Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way-with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge.
2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
2 Corinthians 4:15
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 9:11-12
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supporting the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
Ephesians 1:15-16
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Colossians 2:6-7
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
Colossians 3:15-17
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful, and thankful.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 4:4-5
For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
Philemon 1:4
I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers.
Hebrews 12:28-29
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire’.

Whew!  That's a LOT of thanksgiving! Do you have any other favorite Bible verses about thanksgiving? Post them below, I'd love to hear them.  

Blessings, Kathy







No comments:

Post a Comment