Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Forward...




So last night we rang in the New Year by watching a marathon of the “Thin Man” movies. Outside firecrackers popped and exploded, but for me and the Hubby it was a perfectly ‘quiet’ celebration. We are not big fans of all the hullabaloo that New Year’s Eve brings.

I’m also not a big fan of New Year’s Resolutions. Most of them tend to last as long as it takes to roll out of bed the next day, and a lucky few manage to tag a long for a few weeks before they, too, get lost along the way.

Don't get me wrong, I think that making resolutions can be fun, and my hat is off to those of us who not only make them, but manage to keep them long enough for them to bring about lasting change in our lives, but I think most of us are in the same boat...we love the thrill of making resolutions, but lack the conviction to follow through. (I'm actually speaking mostly about me, ha ha)

Yet it is the tradition of the New Year, isn’t it?

So in that spirit of tradition I am going to make one resolution this year. Just one!

I resolve to continue living an authentic life, to be the real me in all situations, to continue to embrace the good parts of me, and to acknowledge the parts of me that are…well…not so good, to look neither to the left nor the right, but to keep my eyes firmly fixed forward as I live out the life my God created for me.


There you have it!  My one resolution.  Certainly not ‘earth-shattering’, but it will do. I gotta say, I am kind of excited about what 2016 will bring.  Just think, an entirely new year, a blank slate that is just waiting for your story, whether your resolutions succeed or fail, it's certainly going to be an adventure living it.

Happy 2016!

Do you, dear readers, have any resolutions that you would be willing to share?



2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing and beautiful person!

    Even with the miles apart and the many years that have past, I still remember ...

    Your kindness ~ Your joy ~ & All of the love you blessed me with...

    Happy 2016 to you and your family~
    God Bless you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think I know who you are... ;) Have a blessed New Year as well!

    ReplyDelete